Andrew J. Schatkin Interview
Andrew J. Schatkin is presently a business and educational consultant, writer, speaker, teacher, and founder of the Schatkin Show. His books are on the subject of law as well as the Christian faith. He took the time to answers some questions
1. When did you discover writing was one of your niches?
In college and graduate school
2. What inspired you to publish your first book?
I was an attorney at that time and had gained a great deal of knowledge
3. Did you have any fears of publishing before you started?
No because of the amount writing I had previously done over many years in school and in the form of journal articles
4. What were three things your learned about the publishing process?
1. Think before you write; 2. have a plan; 3. be inspired and with passion as you approach the writing process
5. What is the title of your latest book?
Essays on Faith, Politics, Culture, and Philosophy
6. What is a brief summary/synopsis of the book?
This book primarily seeks to present the Christian faith from a historical perspective and also focuses on conservative political views
7. What was your purpose of writing the book?
My primary purpose was and is to present the true Christian faith as understood though history and the ages
8. What inspired/encouraged you to write and publish the book?
My commitment to the church and Christ
9. Is there a specific type a person this book is targeted?
Possibly a religious person of any faith and thought system but a person primarily willing to think and exchange views and opinions however differing
10. As someone with a law degree, what is a common mistake you saw made by people, you wish they knew they were making?
Proceeding and speaking without firm knowledge and facts.
11. Are you working on another book at the moment?
I have just completed a book on the psalms and am looking for a publisher.
12. Do you have a website?
13. What advice would you give a writer who is fearing publishing their first book?
Think carefully plan outline and write chapter by chapter and review each part of the book you have written to perfect and correct your work product
14. Which author would you like to take a plane ride with and to what location?
I would like to be with one of the greatest of poets and epic poets John Milton to go to the university where he obtained his great learning in classics that informed his epic and lyric poetry and speak to this genius who wrote his epic poetry while blind and without sight revealing to me the power of his intellect.
If you are interested in Andrew Schatkin’s books, you can find them at: https://www.romania.ai/books/